I live to love.
RSS

Friday, February 5, 2010

I wrote a song w/ Les Handclaps from Montreal "Barbarella Pop Club"

Yup, I wrote a song back in 2007 for one of my favorite bands from Montreal LES HANDCLAPS and it's finally out! The song is called Barbarella Club (after the rock n' roll party in Madrid). I've NEVER written lyrics for a song, nor written any music EVER, so I'm very flattered that they included it on their latest album "Ouh Ouh Ah!". It's a silly, bubblegum song, but I like it:)

Les Handclaps, semi-finalists in the 2008 edition of the Montreal industry showcase Francouvertes, proudly present their debut album, “Ouh Ouh Ah!” The band’s objective is clear—they’re going to make you dance, and dance hard, to the sounds of their electro-pop-yéyé sung in French, English, Spanish and German—hits charged with the wild teen energy of ‘60s garage rock, refined to laser precision with new-wave electronics. Daniel Saucier and Hugo Clermont have DJed numerous popular French music events in the States, including Le One Night Stand in NYC. Team these guys up with Montreal underground icon and globetrotting ex-Kingpin Lorraine Muller, voted “Best Live Performer” at the MIMI Awards, and you get a creative force without equal. On stage, they’re accompanied by Marie Béland and Marilyne St-Sauveur, established dancers on Montreal’s contemporary scene, who add their own unique twist to the classic gogo style.

Many renowned collaborators appear on the album, including Stuart Zender (Jamiroquai), Kim Ho (Creature), Orion “Re-Evolution” Curiel (Shades of Culture), Sunny Duval (Les Breastfeeders), and ME (Amylulita)! They asked me to write the song in Spanish so I was definitely nervous, but totally excited for the opportunity.

You can listen to Barbarella Pop Club on legalsounds.com
Inspiration: My experience living, partying, and having fun with friends when I lived in Madrid, Spain.
Story behind the lyrics: I'm writing a letter to a friend in New York about my first night out in Spain. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to tell her so I'm write her when I got home from the club at 8am.

LYRICS:
Hola nena, estoy escribiendo
A las 8 por la manana
Fui a bailar en un club
Con amigos y fashionistas

Fue increible
Dejame decirte....

Baila, baila, baila, baila, baila muy bien
Baila, baila, baila, baila, baila muy bien
Baila, baila baila, baila, baila muy bien
Baila, baila, baila, baila, baila muy bien

Toma, bebe, baila, canta
Toma, bebe, baila, canta
Toma, bebe, baila, canta

Oye, oye, otra copa
Otra copa Por favor

Rico Moda
Rico Musica
Para Gente Corriente

Amiga mia, tengo ganas
Muchas ganas, ganas de verte
Como estuvieras, si estabas conmigo
Como estuvieras, si estabas conmigo
Tomando, Bailando, disfrutando

Ven a verme
Y acompanarme
Vamos a bailar...

No comments: